I’d like to use this blog as a forum for conducting a survey.
The survey has to do with childbirth experiences and breastfeeding experiences/breast pump usage. The results of this survey will be made public, with the ultimate goal to place the survey results in a national parenting magazine article. All comments will remain anaonymous in such a publication.
Here’s the goal: gain at least one comment from at least one woman in every state…more comments…more women…even better!
PLEASE FORWARD THE LINK TO THIS POST ONTO EVERY CHILDBEARING WOMAN IN EVERY STATE YOU KNOW…THE MORE SURVEY RESPONSES FROM VARIOUS LOCALES, THE BETTER! Thank you ~
Please answer the following questions regarding your most recent childbirth birth expereince , which occurred no earlier than January, 2004, in the “Comments” box below:
1. Was your labor/birth started for you by the use of medication or having your bag of waters broken?
2. Did you have your bag of waters broken for you at some point during your labor?
3. Did you use any type of pain medication (IV, intrathecal, epidural, other) during your labor/birth experience?
4. Did you receive an episiotomy during your baby’s birth (a cut in the tissue between the opening of the vagina and the rectum)?
5. Was your baby’s heart rate monitored with the fetal monitor during your labor/birth experience?
6. How old (weeks of pregnancy) was your baby at the time of his/her birth?
7. Did you breast feed your baby after the birth experience described above? (if no, skip to #12)
8. How long (days, weeks, months or years) did you breastfeed your baby?
9. Did you use a breast pump as a part of your breastfeeding experience?
10. When (how many days after birth) did you initiate use of a breast pump?
11. Did you use any additional breastfeeding aids (nipple shield, SNS tube feeder, syringe or cup feeding)?
12. In what year did this birth occur?
13. What state (or country) do you live in?